Gr. 4 Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Oral Presentation
The book Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing was written in the year 1972 and takes place in
. We have noticed some differences and similarities between Peter’s life and the life of a 10 year old today. I want you to have a discussion with one of your parents and compare their grade 4 life with your grade 4 life. New York City
- rules set by parents (ex: chores, bedtime etc.)
- school life (ex: class size, distance, rules, projects)
- extra curricular activities
- favorite past times (TV shows, books, games, music, sports)
- cost differences (ex: price of a movie in 1984 and 2015)
- Any other comparisons!
Make a comparison chart to write out the differences between your parent’s year and your year (handwritten is fine). Attach it to a poster and decorate it with pictures or photos. If you have another interesting idea for a presentation (ie: Power Point), just ask me, I am always open to new ideas!
Everyone will share their findings with the class on:
Gr.41 Friday October 16.
Gr.44 Friday October 23.
When presenting your Oral, please keep in mind:
- It does not have to be memorized, just be sure to be comfortable with your material and look at your audience occasionally.
- Speak clearly and at a comfortable pace.
- Speak with expression!!!
I look forward to hearing your presentations!