Tuesday 4 September 2012

September 5-7

I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! As we head into another short week, there are a few things I would like to bring to your attention. For my homeroom Gr.52, the students glued a schedule into their agendas last week.
Please note: Gym will be on Tuesday and Thursday
                   Library will be on Friday afternoons, starting in Oct.

This week I will be introducing our year long theme, “How Can I Make a Difference?” Your children will be learning about the environment and issues pertaining to children and their place in this world. We will be starting with, “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.”
They will be coming home with information to share and activities to work on.

I will also be introducing the ELA theme of Ancient Egypt. Ms. Koscher and I will be using printed materials as well as internet sites. Please access the links at the side of this blog.

Homework this week will simply be catching up with any unfinished class work, labeling the Prism Math and Language Power workbooks, and ensuring that paperwork for the office has been returned, including lunch orders.

I will also send home Scholastic this week, please return any orders (CHEQUES only please) by Tuesday September 11.

Reminder that Open House will be held the evening of Tuesday September 11, 2012.

Have a wonderful week!